What is the “taxe d’habitation” (council tax)? Is it compulsory?

The “taxe d’habitation” (council tax) is a local tax which must be paid whether you own, rent or occupy free of charge your main or secondary dwelling.

As an ARPEJ resident, you are therefore subject to council tax for the accommodation you occupy. However, depending on your circumstances, you may be exempt. Please contact your residence manager for more details.